One of the benefits of membership in the AFP Greater Cleveland Chapter is our mentoring program. At the end of each calendar year, members have the opportunity to sign up for a mentor for a one year relationship. Mentors and mentees determine how often they would like to meet (a minimum of a quarterly meeting is encouraged) and topics for discussion. The program has been a huge success with both mentors and mentees pleased with their new relationships.
The program is not intended to replace current educational opportunities or to serve as a substitute for professional consulting services. However, it is an opportunity to develop a relationship with a more experienced professional in our chapter, learn from that person, ask questions, and get some guidance on your projects and career.
Applications are due by December 20, 2017.
Goals and Objectives:
- Strengthen the skills of the mentee
- Support professional career development for all
- Help mentees learn the ropes faster to avoid setbacks/mistakes that come with inexperience
- Build a foundation of professional practice and ethical standards
- Build confidence and knowledge
- Foster collaboration between seasoned professionals and newcomers or others who desire a mentor who is at a more senior level.
Requirements for All:
- All participants must complete and submit the appropriate (Mentee or Mentor) application form to the Chapter Administrator at email@example.com
- Complete and submit an evaluation form upon completion of mentoring program
Requirements for Mentee:
- AFP member with a minimum of one year paid development experience
- Meet with assigned mentor as mutually agreed upon
- Commitment to participate for one year
- Be mindful of mentor’s time and commitment (the mentoring relationship is not a substitute for a paid consultant)
- Mentee Application Form
Requirements for Mentor:
- AFP member with minimum of five years of development experience; CFRE’s are encouraged to apply
- Commitment to participate for one year.
- Meet with assigned mentee as mutually agreed upon
- Assess mentee’s ability and help steer him/her in right direction
- Mentor Application Form
For further information, please contact Deborah Miller, Chair, Mentoring Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org or 440-826-2744.